Things have slowed down a bit, the last 2 weeks so not much to report. Ultimate is over for the summer, my fingers are not getting any better even though I've been seeing a therapist specializing in hands for the past few weeks, and The New Hotness rides like an entirely different animal. I took her up to Buffalo Creek Saturday morning only to find they were holding a race in the area. I still was able to knock out a solid 18 miles of singletrack without getting on their course. Going for a road ride today to start prepping for the Copper triangle. Nothing fancy just a relatively flat, casual 30-40 miles. Marinera (formerly Soandso, but she thought that name was lame and wanted a new one, pfff, whatever) convinced a few folks in the office to do it. I don't know who convinced her? She may not even be here as chances are she'll go to Panama for a new job! Ah well, either way I get a nice jersey as part of the entry fee and probably some sweet shwag at the race.
Work is picking up. Our Grand Junction office is going to get me out to do some high precision GPS work this summer and is looking to keep me pretty busy over the next few years! Between them and NRP at least someone is looking out for me. NRP found a little more work for me this year and has talked about co-authoring me on some papers so that's good. I talked to a prof at the University of Colorado about a PhD looking at how (brace yourself non-scientists) the spatial and temporal variability of different physical parameters effect evapotranspiration from a riparian area and the importance of that variability at examining ET at coarser scales. Pretty sweet! Just gotta find some money. I'm actually reviewing a report from SuperD that should be pretty insightful on the subject. Actually, I should get back to it
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment