Just and update today, nothing much is going on. Last week the Sailor didn't feel like Snugging so we opted to check out the dog park down at Chatfield State Park We didn't get very good directions so just pulled off to a beach and started throwing sticks out into the water. Luckily the Bear dog knew how to fetch and it only took a couple times watching before Sarama finally took the plunge. She loved it! For her first time she did about as good as I'd expect. She was kicking so hard with her rear legs she was basically swimming upright! The best was when she was tired and she was trying to drink the water she was splashing up; too hilarious. We eventually did find the real dog park (after a park ranger let us know we were illegal at the beach) and it was a good park. Not like the good ones in Seattle, but the best I've found in Denver.
Training for the Copper triangle is going slow. I'm not riding as much as I'd like during the week, but at least I'm going hard on weekends. I'm lighter than I've been since before college and I finally got my body fat less than 10% (course the Corredor will give me a hard time for using BIA). The shoulder's in good shape and I think my finger is finally almost healed. I've been cleared to test it out with some strength training, but I really think the season is blown at this point. This is the second time this has happened and recovery has been forever this time. I'm going to take it very slow I think. There's some good 5.7, 5.8 trad lines around I figure will be good practice for placing gear and not be too strenuous. Boysenberry wants to go this week although I think I'll probably just set an anchor and belay.
Lastly, the Pirate bought tickets to come visit for 3 weeks this fall! I figure we'll check out Mt. Rushmore first, then bounce down to the Grand Canyon and then travel out west. Should be a good time. Could kill the climbing trip to Europe this winter, but I'm being better about saving pennies. Before I talked about Ben Nevis, but now I'm thinking a winter summit of Mt. Blanc could be just as fun. I just have to watch those pennies.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment