Monday, April 21, 2008

Work conundrum

So while I was away I got to think a lot about where I am in life and where I'm going. Until now I've always made it a point to never have a job I didn't like and always work for people I like and respect. Because the Tacoma job didn't work out I'm stuck wondering what to do. If I didn't have the mortgage there would be no question: bail. I think about though all the jobs that people do and don't enjoy and I wonder if I'm letting myself miss out on an opportunity to see if I can stick it out through a crappy situation. Not only stick it out, but turn the lemons to lemonade. In the end I think the attraction to an opportunity to test myself is too alluring. The other question then is do I still have the will to test myself with something that could potentially be very hard? Actually, I guess my current state of mind is what will make it hard. The rough part is the crutch I used to use to get through tough times is less reliable than it used to be. Sport has always been the thing that brought me back in line, but seems I can't get after anything adrenaline pumping without the body breaking down. The most recent example is climbing. My finger tendons are shot. My climbing's done for a couple weeks easy. I'm motivated to ride, but it'll be at least a week till I get a new post. Road riding just doesn't require enough focus to give me what I'm looking for. Ah well, se la vie.

No comments: