First things first; I was asked to explain where each of the pics in the previous post were from. The first is Currie and I after the first Bearable adventure race, which took place at Bear Creek lake Park on the outskirts of Denver. This has since turned into an annual tradition for me. The second was from my first weekend after permanently moving to Denver. It's on the Arkansas River between Buena Vista and Salida; possibly the most commercialy rafted stretch of water in the country. Hobstar was the wingman and basically had to carry his whole side of the boat. Bobbo is in the third pic trying to finish before the snow really hit Golden Cliffs about 15 minutes from my place. The team in the next pic is my from my first Denver ultimate frisbee league team. Currie really got me into the sport and the quality of play in Denver is higher than anywhere I've been. The last pic is me on the job in Loch Vale, which is in Rocky Mountain National Park.
The next big thing was I finally got to play league ultimate sunday. I'm pretty excited. The fundamental ability of this team is higher than any I've ever played on. We've got the same huc problems most teams have at the beginning of the season, but still managed to win both games. I am, by far, the weakest link on the team. It should provide a nice learning environment as long as I can remember I'm not a total scrub. Expectations are high.
Climbed with Eight on Tues. I've really got to work on grip strength. I can do pullups all day, but can't hang long enough to do much. Took a big whipper leading a 10b traversing, roof route. Eight only got up half the moves. Promptly thereafter Eight flew up a 5.11 face route. I was convinced there was no way it was an 11; couldn't even do a few moves of 10b? I hopped on next and only got the first move. Fingers are useless. Seems I've always got at least one idle hand at work so brought in the grip strengtheners. After climbing we tied one on at the local pub and I got to have one of the most fun conversations I've ever had. Eight is by far the coolest climbing partner I've ever had.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment