Take it to the limit. This weekend was brutal! I don't think I've ever been this tired on a Monday. Most of it endured Sunday. Saturday I read 'Cannery Row' by John Steinbeck, which the Hobstar sent for Christmas, and it was awesome! Just a great read. I can't wait to go back to Monterey and see if I can find all the places talked about in the book. Also, finished off 'The Climb' by Anatoli Boukereev and some Walt guy, which basically recounts the tragic events of the 1996 Everest Climbing season. After reading it I'm convinced Krakauer's a total tool. Sure he's a great writer, but what a fucking reject when it comes to honestly telling a story. Anything to make a buck I guess.
On to Sunday. Had ultimate in the morning and basically played savage cuz our captain had a bum wheel. First throw: hammer for a score, and that's the how the day went for ol'Josh. After the first weekend, playing sick, it was nice to get some appreciation from the team and in the end I got MVP for the day. Some days folks don't want to play hard, which means somebody's gotta take it up a notch. So, two hard games, each to 15, two wins and I was pretty spent. No rest for the weary! J (previously known as The Cartographer, but that's way too friggin long for me to write over and over) wanted to ride due to the amazing weather and we went for a 26 mile ride and about 3000 ft of climbing. Normally no big deal, but after ultimate; damn. A 40 mile ride was proposed, but I declined after the first summit. At the last summit it was clear I'd made a very good decision! I also made the mistake of switching cassettes the previous week. Yeah, a 12-21 and a double chain ring is not an optimal setup for climbing a Colorado mountain pass after a 3 hour speed workout.
Luckily I got to see the chiropractor first thing this morning. I've never heard him use so many exclamations! Everytime he'd move to a new muscle, "OH", or "Wow", or "This is probably gonna hurt". I'll have to hit the yoga hard this week to be ready for next weekend. Sucks getting old.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment