Went up to Copper Sautrday to enjoy the last weekend of business. I can't believe they're shutting down! They'v easily got enough snow to go another month. The plans to go came in a hurry and like most plans that get organized that way things didn't work out well for this coffee lover. As of Thursday the westside mafia and the The Captain and his friend had committed to going. The big reason to go was to catch George Clinton and the P Funk. Most everyone else had a pass and wasn't stressing getting there late, putting in a few runs, and then seeing the show. Not having a pass and having only gone 3 times prior this season I wanted as full a day as I could get and left out early. Just after buying my ticket Soandso calls and she's bagging. A good reason, but she's baggin. She also relates Bockenheimer is bagging because he's going to Vail Sunday. No worries, it's The Captain and his friend and they're supposed to roll in about 11. I finish a run about 11, grab a pint, and hunker down from the cold and listen to the opening band. I send a text and turns out they're already carving it up somewhere on the hill. Nice. I'm ditched twice in the same day. I polish off another pint and head for the double blacks; the board had been friendly and I was hitting some good stuff earlier so figured I'd turn it up a notch. I quickly found out how much reaction time disapates after a few adult beverages. After that I don't think I could ever drive even buzzing! I think I'll keep a pair of running shoes in the truck so I can sober up if necessary. In the end the show starts, it's as good as it can be considering I'm there alone. I did get an obligatory text from The Captain and listened to two songs by them, but in the end bailed because the snow was dumping and I-70 with, in the winter, with Colorado drivers is not a good place to be.
Sunday, the ultimate season was back on and it was pleasure to play without hacking mucus all over the field. Played much better having only 1 turnover per game, two huge D's, and most importantly wasn't scored on. Also found out sunscreen has expiration dates. After lunch at Famous Daves (conveniently blocks from the fields) I went up to Boulder for a hike with The Cartographer. The hike was good, conversation was good, and the dog minded. If that wasn't good enough we ate at the Dushanbe Teahouse, which was pretty amazing! Meals from everywhere and the goal was to have one from each continent. Failed, but it was fun trying; we got Africa, Asia, North America, and South America.
This weekend I'm off to California. I'll have to find some time to do some wrist curls; Eight is proving to be the much better face climber and I need some spider grip. I think I talked about that before so I'll stop before I ramble anymore.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment