Monday, May 12, 2008

the streak is over

Until this last weekend we had not lost a Sunday game I'd played in. Oddly I have to blame our experienced players this week. These guys play on teams that routinely compete for and/or win the national title. With all their red zone turnovers I thought I was back on Cornfed! The ironic thing was they'd preach about not looking long and always look long. I didn't really care; I'm more worried about my hammy. I'll have to work on it all week to be ready for the tourney next weekend.



Friday was the ultimate season party with the theme "Don't be that guy/girl" As an excuse to get the hair client out the door Eight opted to come. I went as the guy wearing way too much cologne and Eight went as a mulleted redneck. Eight finds a way to amaze me everytime we hang out. Weds night I introduced the Flight of the Chonchords videos on YouTube and Eight couldn't get enough. On Thurs I went to the Snug with Soandso, Eight met us there and was just as friendly and cool as with everybody. Then on Friday at the party I found out that Eight can dance! We'd talked about being at raves before, but generally that doesn't mean much as far as having rythm or moves. Eight had both! Simply blew me away! Again! Incidentally, the cologne didn't wear off for two days and I purposefully bought horrible stuff. FYI: do not under any circumstance purchase JOOP! I got it because I remembered years ago in San Antonio some friends got. I remembered not liking it then and it's just as bad now. I can't keep my face from wrinkling just thinking about it!


Saturday I caught the movie Ironman, which was definitely good. Spent the rest of the day with Soandso studying math. Outside of Eight, Soandso is definitely my best friend in Denver. Whatever I can't talk about with one I can with the other. Since I'm a gabber it's great to have a couple places to vent. The blog gets the rest.

No comments: