Just finished up the Fed Cup 5k. This is a fun race made even more fun by all the shwag I come away with. For example: one race, 4 medals. This year was the 25th aniversary so every finisher got a medal, I got second in the 30-39 age division, and our office team won both the men's and the federal agency team divisions. The coolest part of the day was finish time. My hamstring's been really bothering me lately so I had to take the first half of the race pretty easy to get it warmed up. Finally it decided to let me go and I was able finish strong. It was the first time I've been under 20 minutes in 5 or 6 years! I think I was 6th or 7th overall. Having a good hammy I think would've only got me one place higher; the guy in 4th finished about 40 seconds faster. The race finish bodes well for the Boulder Bolder, but I'm not sure the endurance will hold up and I don't think I'm going to be able let the hamstring heal and increase mileage at the same time.
The Sunday frisbee league tourney is tomorrow. If we do well chances are all update tomorrow otherwise it could be a while.
Could somebody please tell Hillary to stop wasting our time?
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would have beat you if I ran:) Congrats!
Post a Comment