Sunday, March 30, 2008

Auktyon

Damn!, Double Damn!, these guys were awesome! You can check out their website at www.auktyon.com . Friggin awesome! Best show since Robert Randolph in Lincoln and I've seen some good ones since. I'm not sure how to describe it really; jam band, surreal, melodic, punk and all the lyrics are in Russian. Wild. Just what I needed. Went out with the Westside mafia, short Bockenheimer. Soandso brought her new fella. Seemed like a nice guy, was confident and intelligent and he rides so that's pretty good qualifications, but he had this kind of half-assed, limp-wristed handshake. What the fuck is up with that nowadays? Seems like every guy I meet has some puss-ass hand shake. Personally, if you don't give me a firm hand shake and look me in the eye when we meet, then I feel pretty insulted. If anybody's got some more insight into why this kind of thing is more common, I've got open ears.

Anyway, great show. Bought a CD. They're not on Pandora yet, but maybe soon. These guys are apparently huge in Russia, obviously, and eastern Europe. The opening band was good to: The Tanukis out of Fort Collins, CO. Also very fluent in Russian. Seems like it's a requirement for the place we were at. The girl on the piano could wail! I thought she was going to pull a muscle she was so into it! Totally captivating. The rest of the band was good, and thier solos showed it, but she stole the show.

Ultimate didn't start again today. For some reason it always snows Saturday night? Beers!

No comments: