Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm a liar

I said this entry would be a review of The mismeasurement of Science, yeah, that's not going to happen. It's a great article though. Here's the reference: P.A. Lawrence. (2007) The mismeasurement of science. Current Biology, v 17, no. 5.

There's just been too many things that've happened, happening, and will happen. First, the ice climbing season is pretty much over, which should make some readers happy. It was capped off by an awesome weekend down in Ouray, CO. Check out the pictures at this photoworks page
Sementi made for an awesome partner and we climbed some STEEP stuff. I also found a good rock climbing partner here in town; heretofore known as Eight. My finger strength is gone from years past, but slowly it's coming back. We've gone to the gym a few times and once outside on a gorgeous day a couple weeks ago. I'll pick up my lead certification Monday because Eight wants to hang from the ceiling. If that weren't enough, training for the Sea Otter classic has officially begun. Yesterday I rode a 9 mile time trial and between the ride there and back clocked in about 25 miles. I'm in bad shape. Was a little tight today so did a 4 mile run with Sarama. Nah, let's say an easy jog, with brief stops for sniffing. She figured out what prairie dogs are; the last mile we must've stopped every 15 yards to check out the next new hole.

Busy, busy, busy at work. Somehow this week I've got to finish up a model, get another working, and learn about another and review two papers. There's also the Calc exam and my interview for the Tacoma job to prepare for. Things are hopping. It feels good to be busy. Back to work.

No comments: