So this last weekend was a big weekend for some good, old friends. Tricky Trap did his best time at the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii and the Currie cruised to a 1st place victory in his age group and 3rd overall at a Muddy Buddy race in NorCal. Obviously the level of competition in Hawaii was best in the world and Tricky hung with the best. Having raced a couple times in NorCal, I know the competition is stiff so I am impressed to say the least with both feats.
Earlier in the week, as I continued my quest to reinvent myself as a runner, I blew a calf muscle. I've been working on it pretty hard and it should be ready for the half-marthon this weekend. That'll make two halfs this year that I'll do with very little prep. Yay for muscle memory! I'm excited for the race season next year because at least all my joints are behaving as they should and as of the 5k I did a couple weeks ago, I'm getting faster and faster.
The big positive of pulling the muscle was I had a little time to read and picked up 'Born to Run' by Christopher McDougall. Great read, especially for anybody who's a runner, or has been a runner and needs some inspiration as to why running is so great! It also provided some reinforcement as to why barefoot running is such a good thing. Great book.
Love and cheers!
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment