Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back to school day

Today it's back to school. Ol' calc 2 one more time. I aced Calc I last semester in trying to get ready for a PhD. I think I'm still a few classes away from being ready to officially start and should be ready to start seriously I'm thinking Spring of 2009. I was going to take a Java class this semester, but really need to bone up on my knowledge of water resources in Washington.

Had a great weekend. Spent all day Saturday reading a book about ice and mixed climbing and went to the gym. Got up Sunday at about 4:30 to meet Winter for some morning climbing. We went back to Silverplume and I did my first lead on ice. In the pic from a previous post on the left there's a swath of brown ice and some rock showing at the top. I lead the white ice that ends on the right side of the rock. Some easy WI3 stuff, but it was a lead. Got home and watched some playoff football. The Patriot game went as expected. Those Packers, on the otherhand, really disappointed. What was up with those penalties and I really expected Eli to do his turnover thing and not Brett. I'm definitely rooting for the Patriot's now. Got monday off and went skiing at Breck with Bock. The long boards were fun in the trees and it was cold enough that we had runs to ourselves pretty much all day. You know it's a good weekend when you wake up for work tired and sore. I can't wait for Yoga today.

2 comments:

Selkirk said...

Have I told you how much you suck? I have to drive 3 1/2 hrs each way to find leadable WI-3 that isn't buried under 3 ft of snow or threatened by bad AVI conditions!!!

dlm said...

Are you whining?