Monday, January 14, 2008

Ouray Ice Festival


Nope, didn't go, but it made it nice for getting on some usually well travelled ice. Old Man Winter and I went up to Silverplume for more easy ice on Sunday. That's not me in the pic, incidentally and dude is about 20 yards from the ice. It was a little longer than the top-roping in Clear Creek and I'd guess I did about 30 laps over 2-3 hours. I'd roughly guess the height at 50-60 feet. If Winter can blow off his cough I'll do a little leading on Thursday. I'll have to do some filing and hammering between now and then; my left land is worthless after a couple laps and it doesn't help to have dull picks.
Sports. Saw my second hockey game Sat. night. Awesome sport. These guys could be the most coordinated athletes I've ever seen. I wish I knew the rules and how to skate. Was very happy to see Dallas lose and very surprised to see Eli blow up. There's no way New York should keep Coughlin regardless of how they're playing in the post-season. I really hope the Packers slaughter the Giants. I don't see the Chargers beating New England.

No comments: