Day 3. Today's entry is all about my dog Sarama. When I'm not at work I'm usually hanging with her. She's next to me right now. First off, she's a labradoodle. Yeah, I get a hard time because they're trendy, she's half poodle, whatever. I'm not defending her anymore. I'll just trust when you meet her you get off your bigoted, traditional, high horse and give her a good scratch behind the ear. If you still feel the need for some redneck, Bushism then fuck you; grow up.
Aside from what she is, the next most common question I get is where her name came from. Sarama is a dog from Hindu mythology. The story generally goes: There was a sheepherder named Indra who had a dog named Sarama. The devil wanted Indra to do his bidding and in an effort to convince him the devile stole all his sheep and took them to Hell. Sarama, being the good dog she was, went to Hell and herded all the sheep back to the pasture before Indra even knew they were gone. That's it, pretty sweet.
Snow boarding tomorrow for the first time this season. Didn't get any passes this season, but I get half-off tickets with pass-holders. Cha-ching!
Beers!
No comments:
Post a Comment