Packed up the bike last night. This'll be the first time I've taken a bike with me so I'm a little anxious. Should be well worth it though as I'll be riding with the Currie in the Big Sur and near Santa Cruz. He's pretty much got me convinced to do a race or two in April. Hopefully by then my knee will be sorted out. For those unfamiliar with the Currie's, here's a little something Hobstar put together: http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1197029091
Sementi's supposed to come out and attack some of the beautiful ice around here in the next couple month's but no dates have been set. I'll be ready. A few doors down at work is a guy I've done ice with before has offerred to belay me whenever I want. Back in the day he climbed all over South America and Europe, but to many hard years have left him with no need to ascend anymore. No worries, more reps the better. Did anybody check out the article in the Alpinist about Ben Nevis (for those who don't know it's the highest point in Scotland, not a person). I still have aspirations to bag it, so keep that in mind for next year. Which brings me to the other trip that needs taking.
At some point I'd like to make it to the UK this year. Course this is contingent on a couple things. First, getting my renewed passport, which apparently was delivered, but I never got, and second having the scratch to hop across the pond. For those who don't know ol'Superjess found herself in quite the predicament around Thanksgiving; after finally getting her beau over to the states thier landlord/ boss let them know he'd sold the house they were living in and that they'd have to leave. Prick, offerred to still let them have the jobs at the menial wage! Whatever. Dork! With no jobs and no place to live, their visas were invalid and they went to London. Fortunately, the Superman is highly skilled at jobs high in demand and was able to find work before they'd even unpacked.
That's all I got. There'll be a couple trips to podunk and hopefully out to Seattle for the 4th again. We've got to bag Rainier climber Washingtonians!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment