
alright, I've had a few complaints about the lack of variety of these posts so I'll try and think of something different. Just briefly though here's what Winter and I did this weekend. I lead up this beat up 25m, WI4, which is the toughest to date.
On to other topics. I saw an interview with ol'G. dumbya tying to drum up interest with conservatives about McCain and it occurred to me that when his terms over he may be on the television more than he has been the whole time. So not only will part of my paycheck go to his huge retirement package, the world will still have to listen to his idiocy. Maybe somebody can assasinate him next year and do the rest of us a favor. I'm still left wondering what kind of political game the GOP is running; are they really trying to get support from conservatives (who history has shown will vote republican based solely on the fact that that's what they always have done) or are they trying to lure independents and liberals by flouting the fact that McCain isn't conservative enough?? The Republicans, I think, are definitely bringing their A game back for this election. While the Dems quibble about which is their candidate the Reps have time to build a solid base around their obvious choice. I'm obviously not voting for any Republican. So, who do I think is the better; Obama or Clinton. I think it'd be awesome if they ran together for Pres and VP the trick is who should be who. In the end I think it won't have to do with where they stand on issues. I don't think they can run it as Obama for pres. and Clinton VP because then you're just saying a woman is only good enough to stand behind a man. The other reason I think they'll have to run Clinton for pres, Obama, VP is that Clinton is more middle of the road and should be able to pull more votes. Obama was just recognized as one of the, or most, liberal senator we've got and I don't think America's ready for somebody as progressive as him. A minority, a woman, sure we're ready, but somebody free thinking who I think really wants to do good for good itself, not this country.
No comments:
Post a Comment